This is a community service providing a verifiable lodgement of your submission for which you will be sent a copy
on Major Amendment to the Whitsunday Planning Scheme
TO: Whitsunday Regional Council
- Foreshore buildings have a maximum height of 10 metres above ground level and 3 storeys.
- Main Street (Macca’s side), Port of Airlie, Coral Sea Marina have a maximum building height of 14 metres above ground level and 4 storeys.
- Waterson Way (Precinct C) has a maximum height of 18 metres above ground level and 5 storeys.
- The Strategic Intent supports low-rise development in Airlie Beach with no buildings over 18m/ 5 storeys placed in any Airlie Beach precinct.
- Storeys must be included in measurement of maximum height.
- All maximum heights (Metres & Storeys) remain an overall outcome. ‘Generally in accordance’ with heights is not acceptable for ‘maximum’.
- A future public parking site is sized and a location defined with-in the Airlie Beach Precincts.
- The Airlie Beach Local Plan removes the support for “higher density development” along the foreshore.